November 7, 2013 As part of the II International Transport and Logistics Business Forum "New Silk Road" in Astana, the leaders of JSC "National Company" Kazakhstan Temir Zholy", CJSC" Azerbaijan Railways ", JSC" Georgian Railway " signed Agreement on the establishment of Coordination Committee for the development of the Trans-Caspian International Transport Route.
In order to increase the flow of goods to the Trans-Caspian International Transport Route in February 2014, the Coordination Committee for the Development of the Trans-Caspian International Transport Route (hereinafter - TITR) was established with the initial membership of:
The results of the coordinated work of the Coordination Committee members were:
- Adoption of effective complex rates for container transportation, preferential tariffs for transportation of fuel oil, gasoil, grain;
- the technology of interaction between transport companies for the passage of container trains by the China-Kazakhstan-Azerbaijan-Georgia-Turkey communication was approved with the participation of rail and sea transport in a direct international rail-ferry service;
- created «Nomad Express" container service;
- three pilot container trains "Nomad Express" were organized: (Demonstration trains are launched: 28.07.2015. Shihezi (China) - Kishli (Azerbaijan); 29.11.2015. Lianyungang (China), Istanbul (Turkey); 01/15/2016 Ilyichevsk (Ukraine) - Dostyk (Kazakhstan).
- new members were added to the Coordination Committee;
- The International Trans-Caspian Transport Consortium was established.
- held image events and road shows.
In December 2016, the participants of the Coordinating Committee for the Development of the Trans-Caspian International Transport Route - Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Georgia - decided to establish the International Association "Trans-Caspian International Transport Route".