On April 12, 2016 in Baku, Azerbaijan, an Agreement was signed on the establishment of the International Trans-Caspian Transport Consortium, which included:
The key task of the Consortium is:
- Development of logistics products with a high degree of customer orientation;
- Search for customers for the organization of transport in both the western and eastern directions in order to increase the efficiency of rolling stock use;
- Organization and monitoring of container transportation by TITR;
- Establishing cooperation with foreign partners in the main trading countries;
- Attraction of cargo traffic on TMTM.